How we are taking care of our clients against COVID-19
To our valued customers:
Thank you for your love and loyalty these past few months. Your’e willingness to continue to support Fit2Excel is most heartwarming.
We are a Health Facility:) In addition to our former priority of improving your health, we now own the concept of keeping you healthy, particularly maintaining our facility, practicing distancing measures and thinking creatively to bring together an environment in which we can do our job (to make you healthier) while doing our job (keeping you healthy).
Being a comprehensive health care facility, we have a particular expertise unlike most fitness facilities. I’m committed to researching scientific literature to understand the known truths about this bug so I can assure you that our safety measures are in the forefront of COVID-19 mitigation.
What are we doing to protect you?
Here is a semi-exhaustive list of our measures:
- We are unique in that we are able to run our classes outside. This is extremely safe because every class starts with the ideal fitness distancing. Clients are separated by a 9-foot wide lined parking space.
- When we move out of those spaces, there is room to maintain that distance.
- We have truncated class size to an 18 member maximum. Not because we don’t have room outside for more people, but should we need to move inside due to weather, this is the optimal working maximum for our 3,600 square foot facility
- This also allows us to distribute equipment so that each person has everything they need for a given workout, without sharing.
- Should a piece of equipment need to be used by multiple persons, we keep that to a minimum and wipe the piece down before and after each member uses it.
- Clients are asked to arrive only 5 minutes prior to, and leave immediately after a session to avoid congregating and overlap of class members.
- We have separated our classes, and rehab patients, by 15 minutes between appointments to allow for complete re-sanitizing of the equipment and facility before you arrive.
- Of course, when clients come indoors for appointments, payment or restrooms, they are asked to wear masks.
- Class registration and payment is ideally completed prior to arriving at Fit2Excel, which decreases contact time, proper spacing, equipment separation and, should the need arise, contact tracing.
- The facility is cleaned top-to-bottom several times per day, regardless of volume of use.
- Clients are asked not to attend appointments or classes if they feel any of the symptoms on the comprehensive list of COVID-19 symptoms described by the department of health https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/coronavirus-covid-19 and seek the advice of their physician regarding testing.
- Clients who have been exposed to anyone who has any of the COVID-19 symptoms are asked not to attend appointments or classes until that person has tested negative and/or after their physician agrees that it is safe for them to return.
- Clients are asked to wash their hands upon entrance to the building and after their session.
These are some of the multiple methods we are using to keep you healthy while at Fit2Excel.
We love our members and clients and are going to great lengths to assure you that while at Fit2Excel you will be safe, happy and healthy!
John and Sheila