Inspired by his time spent living in Hawaii, John has become a big fan of Laird Hamilton – American big-wave surfer.
Laird Hamilton is a big time surfer who does much more than surf. He loves to use his love for surfing and the water to promote fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. He is a well-known guide for crossover board sports such as tow-in surfing, hydrofoil boarding, and stand-up paddle boarding. Laird has appeared and produced numerous surfing films including the most recent, “Riding Giants”. Because of his accomplishments and his promotion of living a healthy lifestyle, he has appeared on 60 Minutes and The Ellen Degeneres Show to name a few. Athletes such as NBA All Star Joakim Noah from the Chicago Bulls have come to Laird for athletic and nutritional coaching. Living a healthy lifestyle involves eating a proper diet so naturally, nutrition is a big factor in his life. Give his famous smoothie a try!
Learn more about Laird: lairdhamilton.com
Start the day with a deliciously nutritious smoothie!
- 1 tablespoon Catie’s Organic Greens
- 1 tablespoon Catie’s Vitamin C Plus
- 1 scoop Neuro 1
- 2 scoops Muscle Milk protein powder
- 1 tablespoon Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen berries (any kind!- blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries…)
- ½ cup organic apple or cherry juice or hemp milk
- ½ cup filtered water
Directions: Put all ingredients in a blender and mix at ice-crushing speed for ~30 seconds.
Want a lighter version?
- Eliminate the juice (or hemp milk) and substitute ½ cup water, reduce protein powder to just 1 scoop, and use 1 teaspoon oil and half of a frozen banana.